Boring Buns No More- A Hairstyle Tutorial




This is a nice and simple tutorial to cure your boring bun blues. 
All you need is hair gel, an elastic band, and some bobby pins.





Step 1: Smooth wet hair into a ponytail
(high, low, middle, side, whatever you're into).


Step 2: Apply hair gel to ponytail (using more for layered hair).


Step 3: Start at the top and take a small section of hair of 
similar length. Twist tightly from the elastic all the way to ends.


Step 4: Create a loop with twisted hair section and secure with 
bobby pins. Experiment with how large or small to make your loop 
depending on your length/thickness.


Step 5: Continue twisting sections of hair and securing with bobby
pins. I try to alternate sides and sort of fan out from the center, 
but there is no right or wrong way to do this part.


I also like to save the very center of the ponytail for last, tilting 
my head forward and twisting the underneath first. This way if 
one side is more heavily pinned with sections than the other, 
I can use the center to balance or hide wonky parts.


Voila!


Of course I have to add a flower...


For a less Medusa-inspired sort of look, use larger sections and looser twists.



My favorite part? It takes a lot less time than blow drying my hair.





 
lee grace dougherty powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion