Death to Smoochie



Ok, so I'm probably going to catch hell for saying this, but I do NOT 
want to see your smoochie pics. When did that become cool? I will never 
forget being in the principals office as a kid (we won't discuss why) and 
being horrified at the framed picture on the shelf over his desk. It was a 
photo Principal Obnoxious and his wife kissing. Two middle aged sweaty fat 
people swapping spit for the camera. Today I still think it's a bit much
to broadcast your smoochie pics, no matter how hot you are. We get it, 
you guys really really like each other. Congratulations.


Today, I see smoochie pictures all over facebook feed, blogs, media, and 
virtually any social network you can dream up. Ok, if you are just at 
that really sickening lovey dovey stage and feel the need to photograph 
yourself making out with your honey, more power to you. I suppose I just 
think it's odd that you feel the need to show me. I get how it's popular
for weddings and I'm cool with that...
(my sister and some of my friends had very tasteful photos done...
like this awesome one in Vegas),

Watch out, Vegas just got classy.. I mean, look at the shadow!
but the self-shot makeouts are just not my thing. I sort of hate PDA too, so that probably 
explains why I don't want to see your face smashed against that
of your paramour. I get it. You just love each other. But somehow 
I can't help but think it's overkill to have a default picture of you playing
tonsil hockey for the world to see. Plus most of those pictures are 
so damn STAGED!! Some people may say I'm just bitter because
I'm single. Well then why have I never, not once, ever taken a smoochie
picture? Of course, kissing on the cheek, warm & cuddly wedding 
pictures, and tastefully done artistic shots are all things I can appreciate.

Hello, sailor..

I'm talking about those chumps that post 14 different angles of themselves 
making out and have a poster sized smoochie pic above the fireplace. Blegh!



 
lee grace dougherty powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion